My favourite me time things to do.

As a mum, it is very rare that you get time to yourself. On the rare time, when you do get time to yourself you savour it.

As a mum of two, one being 7 months old it is hard to find time for myself to actually relax, but i was thinking that i do take for granted the time i actually have. If i have me time, i would usually meet up with my best friends or do housework. Nothing that is actually ‘Me Time’. So i thought i would make a list of things that i do to calm myself down and chill.

Firstly, i love writing, it can really relax me and make me feel better. It’s like escaping to my own world when i do. When i sit to write blog posts, yeah sometimes i can stressed out with deadlines or making sure everything is perfect but on days where i know i need to relax. I will try writing first. I used to write little short stories when i was younger. It has always been a passion of mine.

I LOVE reading as well. If i could read for hours on end i would, and if i find a REALLY good book i will find it extremely hard to put it down. It takes me away from my life for that short period of time and i feel like someone else, and i’m living that story.

Another thing i love to do is light candles and have all the lights off while i’m watching tv or reading, it really calms me down. I have a little bit of an addiction to candles and i love wax melts and oil burners.

img_5641

Who doesn’t love a good bath? I love chucking in one of my favourite bath bath bombs then letting the world and the worries float away for 5 minutes.

Finally I love having a good nap! If you know me well, you will know I sleep lots! I love getting in my own bed, snuggling right up and having a snooze.’ My favourite naps are when Rosie & Miyah nap with me.

What are your favourite me time things to do? Let me know below x

1. These are great choices for me time. I share most of these choices. Which authors do you like reading?

I love Cathy Glass x

1. My friend likes Cathy Glass. X

I love to do all of these things too, especially having a bath and a nap. Can’t go wrong with a cheeky nap!

I’m going to have to try the candles while reading idea! It certainly could be very relaxing

‘Me time’ is SO important! I’m glad you’ve got a list of things that you enjoy!

5. Love the list! I do most of the things on this list too!!

6. I do everything on your list besides writing! (With the exception of my blog, of course!)

7. Candles and reading!! yes!!!

8. Love this list! Reading is great but nothing beats an excellent nap XD

I LOVE a good nap though I think my days of being able to squeeze one in are long over. Great list

I’m not looking forward to when I can’t have one anymore! Thank you.