How we decided on Rosie’s name.

Rosie-Belle had a bit of a unsteady beginning with her name at the start.

When i found out i was pregnant with Rosie i was 14, and 29 weeks. You can read all about that here. I never wanted kids. I always had names that i used to call my dolls but i never thought that i would be naming a baby.

15977691_1859735297631426_996853262208261226_n

When me and Rosie’s dad had actually decided on a name, we had gone through hundreds of names. These are the ones i stood out:

• Letty
  • Anna
  • Sophia

I have always loved the name Belle, so i when i was thinking some more, Anna-Belle popped in to my head and i fell in love instantly. We told everyone her name, i would call her Anna-Belle and everyone just loved it.

15977072_1859740430964246_6637871605189519351_n

After i gave birth to Rosie, i took one look at her and said to her dad ‘She doesn’t look like a Anna-Belle at all’. SHIT!! We was talking for about an hour and a half and then a nurse came in and said to us ‘Doesn’t she just have the most rosy cheeks’. At that moment i fell in love all over again. I had told her dad i loved Belle so we decided on Rosie-Belle.

18156859_1918720225066266_6828298346143487642_n

There where lots of people who where shocked and people who had to return personalised gifts but i wouldn’t change her name for anything. Every time i look at her she just look’s like a Rosie. My little flower.

Did you change your babies name at the last minute?

1. Adorable, and way to be authentic to Rosie! ❤ #mondaystumble xoxo

2. Sometimes these names just come out of nowhere. I spotted my daughter’s name on a little girl’s jumper in 1996 and knew that’s what I would call my baby girl. I had a baby boy in 2001 and another in 2003. Would I ever have my little girl? I had her in 2006 and she has the name from the jumper and I love it! #MondayStumble

3. This is such a lovely post. I love her name!

4. susankmann says:

Aww she’s so adorable and I love the way you decided on her name. It really suits her xx #mondaystumble

Her name is adorable and seems to suit her perfectly!

What an amazing story. I didn’t realise you had rosie so young. That must have been tough

Such a cute story! My daughter didn’t have a name until I was 39 weeks pregnant! Her daddy is a photographer and Alina means “light” so we thought that was perfect! Her face fit perfectly with the name when we saw her. My Alina-Grace ❤️

I’ve honestly barely thought about potential baby names because I hoard the good ones for my characters in my writing! I know some people who have it all planned out, but honestly, things don’t always go as planned like you demonstrated here! I definitely know the feeling of not having a name right–it happens with my characters quite a bit!

9. I bet it’s so hard picking a name xx

10. Interesting story! My newest niece’s name changed after she was born too !

11. What a sweet story, thank you for sharing! Rosie is absolutely adorable!!

I always find picking names is so hard, she is definitely a Rosie for sure! x

It’s so difficult isn’t it! Thank you x

13. I don’t have children however I think the choice of name is beautiful!

She’s adorable and the name definitely suits her! ‘Belle’ means beautiful in French so it’s perfect for her x

Awh I didn’t know that! Thank you x

I think Rosie-Belle is a perfect name, it’s different and it’s so pretty. ☺️

16. Aw she looks too cute! I love the name Rosie, it’s so sweet! xx