Things I thought I would never say when becoming a parent.

Becoming a parent is a crazy time, hormones everywhere and all your love (and love you didn’t know you had) going into this tiny human you just made. While they are so small and dainty, you have no idea some of the crazy things you would say as a parent.

Miyah is just over a year old now, she’s just started walking and started to slowly say different words. Now, to her this is all exciting and she is in everything! Plenty of times I’ve had to say “Get out from under the sink Miyah!” or “Put down daddies slipper! They are smelly”.

But lately I have been saying some things that I have never in my life, thought I would say!

Recently Miyah has been a tad blocked up. We have been trying lots of things to try and help her go but nothing seemed to work. Then today, she poo’d! To non parents, this may seem so strange to be talking about your child’s toilet habits but after a doctors appointment and many days of crying and pain, she went!!!

I changed her bum, had a cuddle while happily saying “yaaaay! you poo’d! yaaay!” then went to text my mother in law & my partner. Something I never thought I would ever do is send a text to people saying:

WE HAVE HAD A POO!!!!!

Yup, I did that.

Here are some things other parents didn’t think they would be saying!

Sarah from Mummy Cat Notes:I never thought I would suggest McDonald’s for lunch!!”

Louise from Pink Pear Bear: “Don’t roll that sausage around on the floor with your foot with your socks on please.”

Kim from The Blog Genie “You’re going to be pooing glitter!”

Nikki from Yorkshire Wonders: “We don’t play with our willy whilst baking.”

Rachel from Coffee, Cakes, Kids: ‘No, your willy is not a sword.’

Cara-Marie from MyBump2Baby: “Did you poo? Have you just pooed? Is it a smelly one?”

Sara from Jodhphurs For Maisie: “If you don’t behave you will have to go and sit with daddy at the poetry reading.”

Lottie from The Haymans: “No Daddy is not a buffalo…”

Jo form Cup of Toast: “Please don’t clean your jumper by licking it…”

When you became a parent, is there anything you didn’t think you would saying, but you have? Leave it in the comments below.

1. The list goes on and on lol. Isn’t it funny how naturally we can talk about poop when it comes to our kids? Cracks me up.

Not a mom, but I’m an aunt and there are definitely a few things that I look back at and laugh. Like: “Nope, we don’t need to go to school naked, let’s try something clothing…” lol (talking to my 4 year old niece)

“Put down daddies slipper!” – This made me chuckle so much, kids are so random and funny! Love these posts that you do where you get quotes from other people 🙂

4. Oh my gosh, these are hilarious! Great post!

5. This is a great post. It’s scary how quickly poop becomes a common conversation topic.

I remember the first time we celebrated poo here too! It was hilarious

7. Oh gosh the amount of poo talk me and my husband have done over the years is hilarious. From the the consistency over and bowel Movement X #readysetlink

8. Haha some of these are great x

9. I’m loving all these quotes!! Super funny!!! Keep up the great work ❤

10. Alan says:

Stop peeing on your brothers head!

There are certainly things you never thought you’d say once you become a parent!

Great post
    #LGRTstumble

11. Alice Letters to my Daughter says:

Haha! Oh there are so many but I can never remember them! These are great though, love the pooing glitter one 😀 #LGRTStumble

Haha this was such a good read! I really enjoyed reading it, I love these types of posts when it’s both insightful and funny at the same time xx

13. I don’t have children yet but I can definitely see myself saying a lot of these already haha!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

14. Definitely relatable! Clapping and yelling ‘you did a poo’ or ‘you did a wee wee’ when they first use the potty!

I love how most of these are about poo! cant escape it haha