My Spring Cleaning Routine

As we come up to spring, we all feel like a good de-clutter. Well maybe just me. I find I always hoard in the winter, I don’t know why. I don’t know if I ever will know why… but I do it anyway. I always find my wardrobe is stuffed with clothes that I wont be able to ear in a few weeks and I find my house is filled with things to keep you snuggly and warm. Now this will be a problem when heat comes because instead of snuggling up, I feel like I need to push everyone away so I won’t sweat to death.

I will be going through my daily cleaning routine with you, with what I do and why.

I start the day usually at 5:30am, first thing i do is bring all the washing down from the night before and put it in the basket. I will turn the tumble dryer on for a last spin to help get some major creases out of the clothes and make a cuppa before the kids get up.

When the kids have got up, and they are both fed and dressed, I will do the pots, fold the washing and put the wet clothes in the tumble dryer. Proceeding to put a new load on, because hey! Washing never ends. Once the kids are ready for school; I will do the school run.

When home from the school run, I will get home and put Miyah for her nap and start to pack away all the toys that was thrown around earlier. Once that’s done, I will pack away the washing up and head upstairs with the clean washing. I pack that away quietly while Miyah sleeps and then head back down stairs where I bleach every side in my kitchen. I open some windows, but only a smidge because otherwise my kitten will run away.

Miyah will probably wake from her nap about and will have lunch, leaving a huge mess everywhere. This is the reason why I haven’t Henry Compactyet. While Miyah has her dinner, I will usually have a bit of my own- but once I had done that I would wash up the pots again and clean the kitty litter.

Usually by this time, I will hoover using my Henry Compact. This hoover is so powerful, and I hoover the whole of downstairs then get Miyah ready to leave for the school run. While she is sat in her pram I chuck most of the toys on the floor back in their original spaces and we pick Rosie up.

By the time 4:30pm comes, dishes need to be cleaned and better yet even more toys need to be picked up. We chill until Michael comes home around 5:30 and then the girls have a bath. I am usually thinking of a mental list of other things to do when the kids are in bed. Once the kids are in bed, I will wash up dinner pots, clean down the sides and do a bit more of the washing and then pack away any remaining washing and go around with the hoover again while picking up toys on the way.

This is what I do, tidying wise in my daily routine. Now it is actually written down and have sat there looking at it it does seem like so much but when im doing it; it seems like a breeze.

Do you have a daily routine that you stick too? Let me know below.

1. No routine here. My Mrs just constantly cleans. Some days I keep moving otherwise I swear she’d dust me!

#lgrtstumble

I love it, if my OH sat still for too long i think i’d try to hoover him too. Making the room look a mess he does lol!

2. I don’t stick to a routine, although I should but the washing, honestly where on earth does it all come from?! #LGRTStumble

I really don’t know. Stresses me right out haha!

3. Alice Letters to my Daughter says:

I am not that organised at all. I just leave it as long as possible before I start worrying about the health risks, and have a cleaner come for 2 hours a week to keep on top of the core stuff – kitchen & bathrooms, floors and bins mostly! #lgrtstumble

4. Your house sounds very clean! I think my problem is I never get up at 5:30. I have a sort of routine, I put on the washing first and then sweep the front hall (the dogs sleep there so their hair is everywhere at this time of the year). After that I sweep around he fireplace, then I tackle the kitchen. Rest of the day anything can happen!! Now my kids are bog enough to help with the washing and dishes it’s very handy. #LGRTStumble

5. I break the tasks down and try to do a few whenever I get time.
    My biggest rule is to get things done early–before the garden gets planted and demands all my time!

I haven’t started spring cleaning this year, but maybe this will kick my butt into gear…

7. Am I the only one who loves watching other people clean their houses? I’ve spent more hours watching those youtube videos that I’llcare to admit!!
    I’ve moved into a student house so I life with 2 other people and let me tell you keeping the house clean is not easy! haha

Angela | DreamsAndLashes.com

This is really interesting. I love knowing what other people do! I want to set up a zone cleaning rota and I think this post has inspired me to do just that!

9. I have been avoiding the spring cleaning this year! Maybe a new routine is in order.

I don’t have a cleaning routine but I love yours! Your routine is so organised x

11. I don’t have a routine, but I really need one! It never ends!

With love,
    Harley

12. Balaka says:

I do have a cleaning routine. What a coincidence that today itself I wrote a post on that. Nice connecting to you.

13. I don’t have a cleaning routine but I really need to make one and stick to it!

14. I try to have a routine for cleaning but hard to stick to it as not in the mood to clean when I get in from work haha xx

15. I cannot wait to do an awesome big spring clean of my home! 🌸✨

With love, Alisha Valerie x | http://www.alishavalerie.com

16. I clean but it’s a mess again in 0.2 seconds!

17. I try to stick to a daily routine, but sometimes my mind is elsewhere and I start something else before I finish a previous task. I usually try cleaning each room a little bit a day. It never lasts though!

Always gets a mess again! X

18. I have a really strict routine that I really like to stick to! You have such an amazing routine!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

Mine is strict, although sometimes I do go off plan x

The main routine I stick to every day is hoover the front room and kitchen, I love yours! You sound so organised

My house doesn’t look like it though lok