Why I Wore My Baby.

Since having Rosie, and learning all about being a mum I started finding out different things that parents did. I started finding out about things like breastfeeding in depth and different ways of weaning. Since growing with Rosie and growing myself as a mum I have learnt so much and I thought I would share my experience with baby wearing.

When i found out I was pregnant with Miyah I had so much I wanted to research everything. One of the first things was baby wearing. I spent hours, laid feeling my darling baby kick, imagining all the times i would be cleaning or cooking while having her hugged close to me. I wanted everything to do be done perfectly.

While I was pregnant, I couldn’t afford to buy a wrap brand new, but there is a perfect little shop in my town and there was a lovely black wrap going at a respectable price. I was so happy and ran as fast as my SPD ridden hips would let me home to show Michael. I was so excited for Miyah to be born.

17353664_1899920526946236_141707059181899655_n

Since her being so tiny, we couldn’t use the it for a while, my tiny 5lb 9oz baby was swamped in it. When she got older we started using it a bit more and honestly it was such an amazing experience to have her so close. I loved breastfeeding with it and it made life that little bit easier. I read so much on baby wearing making children ‘clingy’ but I found this has just helped myself and Miyah have a bond like nothing else. She isn’t clingy nor does she want to be held all the time. But she still enjoys cuddles before a nap and will come to me randomly while playing for a cuddle.

When Miyah was small enough to be in the wrap, whilst getting Miyah in the wrap with her daddy, we found out (and felt very dumb we didn’t realise before) that Rosie could sit in the back while Miyah is that the front, she loved this and although the weight wasn’t quite balanced it was very fun for the little while she was sat in too.

17757328_1905109556427333_8564872156058151286_n

We now, use a more stable carrier for her, and I use this if I want to get the school run done quickly or I have to just pop to Tesco. We prefer this one now she us bigger as it is more comfortable for her & for myself.

24862339_2025708187700802_4468122047007101536_n

Do you baby wear? I plan on baby wearing for number 3.

Check out this website, it is amazing for baby carrying, they have an awesome guide for baby carrying!

1. I definitely baby wear more with my son than I did with my daughter. But he is so heavy at 7 months old – I’ll have to find a nice sturdy one!

There are loads of groups out there that can help you x

2. Now my boys walk but they were younger it was a life saver for me and giving me free hands, lol X #readysetlink

3. The Unstoppable Mama says:

Brilliant post, I didn’t wear my first two babies, but I think as I will have 3 under 3 this October, I will have to wear this baby! #readysetlink

4. aww this sounds such a great idea – glad it is working for you! #readysetlink

5. thesmartmummy says:

I wore my youngest daughter, I loved it! I would definitely do it again, if I was planning on having more children. #readysetlink

There are so many great carriers on the market today, and it’s such a positive experience for the child to be close to you like that.

7. I think it’s a great idea, up until baby gets a bit more independent and is ready to explore on his or her own a little more (with mom & dad close by, of course!). I would definitely be interested in baby wear.

xoxo, Harley

When they are young, and even now with Miyah being one, babywearing is the best thing. They have spent the past 9 months inside you, to come out of that comfort and i can imagine how scared they must be. to be close and to hear a heartbeat again must reassure them so much

8. I have been considering getting a sling for baby M. May have to give it a try.

I do personally recommend x

9. I love slings and wore both my kids. My first until she was 18 months and I was 7 months pregnant and my second until he was around the same age. Unfortunately he doesn’t like to by slung anymore, preferring to walk everywhere instead!

10. mommamack15 says:

I never had the confidence to try baby wearing with my daughter but is definitely something I would like to look more into next time, there seems to be a lot more support available now with lots of sling libraries and sling meet ups #lgrtstumble

I would deffo reccomend it x

11. If I ever decide to have a baby, I’ll definitely baby wear! I’ve always been interested in it! I’m happy to hear it is something that you like to do!

12. picklesareabreakfastsnack says:

Yes! I love wearing my babies. My two favorites are the Moby wrap and the ergo baby ☺️🙌🏼

13. Lovely idea, great for bonding too!

14. This is such a great idea babe, and so fashionable! Thank you for sharing 🌸✨

With love, Alisha Valerie x | http://www.alishavalerie.com

Aw the pictures are too cute! I’m still single but I’m definitely taking notes haha x

16. This looks like a great idea xx

I do baby wear, I got a connecta carrier and its amazing, Miyah was so tiny! Robin was 5lbs 8 at birth and I prefered wearing her than having her in the pram

They just look lost in a pram at the size don’t they x

18. I think when my husband and I do have children, I’d definitely love to baby wear!
    Love, Amie ❤