My Skin Care Routine.

Since the new year, I promised myself that I would take better care of my skin. So I took to YouTube and Reviews.

With countless hours watching and reading, I finally took the plunge to go to the shops to find some products to use on my night time skin routine. I have very sensitive skin so I have to be very careful when picking out products to use. Even sensitive skin products can be harmful. I will come out in a big red hot rash and it stings my face for a good few days.

Since we swapped our rooms with Rosie’s (So she could have more space to play) i have felt even more motivated to stay in a routine before bed. I’m unsure why a new bedroom as made me do this, but our new bedroom as literally changed the way i do things for my routine. I have 2 shelves; one is a smaller cubed one low down so I have my lamp, candles and books on and the one above I have a few pictures, and all my products on. I feel having this right next to me instead of scattered around has also improved my motivation. (I think its because I don’t have to move as much to do it… how lazy of me haha!)

Back to topic, Since Michael has started work we have been going to bed around 9:30pm, and this starts with us getting into bed around 8pm. I will get into my PJs, and get my products ready. I light my candles to make the room smell great, I tie my hair back and take my glasses off. I clean my face using Garnier Skin Naturals Simply Essentials 2 in 1 make up remover and cotton wool pads. I always make sure all my make up if off and I leave my face to dry. While my face is drying I use Nivea Irresistibly smooth body lotion to moisturise my legs and arms and flutter hand cream to moisturise my hands. Once my face is dry I use the Nivea again to moisturise my face and then I brush my hair.

Once a week, I use a face mask to have a proper relax and I usually Quick Fix Facials, Calming Clay Mask (Sensitive & Red Skin). This for me is perfect, and I love this. It really does make my face smooth and I can definitely see a difference since using it. Since being in my routine I have found myself a lot more relaxed at night time and I don’t know if this is because of my routine, but I always sleep better. I think it’s because i am not on my phone and I am relaxing. I am always open to finding out about new face care products, and if you know any good oils, please let me know below! I am yet to find the right oil.

Do you have a night care routine? Let me know what it is below!

I love Nivea products, definitely one of my faves to use alongside lush products!

2. Shopdealman says:

Love this post Mygirlsandme! So helpful! I look forward to reading more of your posts!

3. This is something I have to do – begin a nighttime skin care routine in hopes that it’ll help me feel relaxed. Seems like you found some winners!

4. I adore Nivea! But to be honest, I don’t have a skin care routine.

Sometimes no routine is a routine. Whatever makes you happy!

5. Where is the Flutter hand cream from? I bought Nivea Q10 day and night creams before Xmas with good intentions of using them regularly, I think I’ve used them about 0 times altogether lol. But you may have just inspired me to start again and properly! x

Um, im sure it was from my local super drug! I hope I have got it right. It is a gorgeous cream and smells gorgeous. I have heard of Q10. I may have to try. I hope you get into your routine 🙂 x

1. Oh cool I’ll have a look next time I’m there, thank you! x

You’re welcome x

6. Angela says:

Great routine! ❤ I am figuring my out too, but just started recently. Might take some pointers from your routine ~

It’s so hard to find the products and the routines that work for you. Good luck in finding it out. 💘

7. The calming clay mask sounds so good! I’ve not used any Garnier skincare before!

I do reccomend both!

The littlest thing can be a trigger for change – a new room sounds like as good of a reason as any!

It really is a good reason and I feel so much better with my new routine.

9. I love the way you described your routine. It sounds so relaxing!

10. Nini says:

I love skincare stuff so I’ll definitely try these things out!

Good luck with trying! X

I’ve sensitive skin too so I completely get what you mean, I’ve to be very careful when trying new products. Also your routine sounds amazing! I use a facial oil from L’Oréal, you can use it on its own but I prefer to mix it with my foundation x

New Lune | new-lune.com

12. I love using face masks! They can be so relaxing and great for your skin!

I can never stick to a routine, I am usually to tired, your routine sounds lovely x

14. Having a good skincare routine in place is so important!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

15. Nivea is one of my favourite skincare brands of all time so I adore that you’ve included a product by them in this blog post and that it’s helping you out. Thank you for sharing 🌸✨

With love, Alisha Valerie x | http://www.alishavalerie.com

16. Sounds great! I really need to find a good skincare routine!

17. I try to stick to a routine but like to switch it up sometimes xx