Thinking your little one is ready to be toilet trained? Struggling to think where to start? Here are my top tips to potty train!
As mums, even if its your 1st or 4th child, some things just seem to slip our mind. Potty training being one if you have a slightly larger age gap between your children.
- Make sure you get your child fully involved. Let them pick some underwear or a potty. Make it fun for them.
- Try a sticker chart- but only after a couple days to a week so they have chance to get used to using the potty.
- ALWAYS ask, every 20ish minutes if they need to use the potty. Even if they say no, ask them to try.
- Incontinence sheets will be your best friend for a little while.
- If you leave the house, always bring a lot of spare outfits and underwear for accidents that may happen.
- Accidents will happen, don’t make it seem like a bad thing! This could make the whole process a lot longer.
- Always praise when they use the potty, whether it be a number 1 or a number 2, praise is always good!!
- When you feel they are doing well enough try night time, where incontinence sheets are more than a best friend!
- DON’T rush. These things take time. For example- if your potty training at 2 and half years is like getting rid of 2 and a half years worth of habits.
Potty training can be hard, and can be very stressful for both you and your darling little one but let it run it’s course. It can take quite a while for some children. Make sure you are fully prepared and you have enough at hand!
Do you have any tips for potty training parents?
Until next time,