To my younger self. (Open Letter)

Dear my younger self,

I wish i could tell you, and pre-warn you about the pain and struggles you are going to face, but those things will make you stronger, better and a bigger person. The future is going to take some working and some time but you will get there.

You don’t know it yet, but you will have the most beautiful family in the world. I know right?!? You don’t want kids now but I’m telling you, that changes and it’s the best change. You will have you struggles but who doesn’t? It’s normal. So please don’t think because you have an off day, your not a good parent.

Remember that saying that mum used to say? Friends come and go but family last forever. You will have your fights with your mum, but it gets better and you won’t be able to live without her. She is your biggest rock and your biggest supporter. Don’t ever forget that.

You will finish school, you will get good grades and you WILL prove everyone wrong who said you couldn’t. You will make amazing friends and you will help some people when’s they need it. Remember though, accept the help you are offered.

You will make mistakes,

You will fuck up.

But it gets better.

Yours sincerely,

Your elder self.

If you could say ANYTHING to your younger self, what would you say? Let me know in the comments below.

1. kitty Minaj says:

I’d tell my younger self not to seek love for love will find you.

Great post. I love it💕💕💕💕

This is really lovely and hopeful! xx

Great post! Oh, how I wish I could reach out and send a message to my younger self!

Such a lovely post. Thank you so much for sharing this with us x

5. Loved this! Such a good post idea!
    The best advice u think is to accept that were all going to screw up sometimes & that with hard work anything can be done! xx

I think I would tell myself to keep going and stay true to who you (I?) am / are. It all works out in the end

7. Nini says:

This was a stunning read! You’re an incredible writer and clearly also an incredible person xx

8. This was beautiful! I would probably tell myself that it’s okay to not have perfect grades and to not stress out over everything.

I honestly felt like that was me writing to myself, such a great post! I will have to do the same xx

10. I love this! My mom is my rock as well.

i wouldn’t be here without my mum x

I would tell myself that through all the hard times, starting a family will completely turn things around and make you a better person. My kids are my life! And family is so important, as you said.

Thank you, it is so true. x

12. This is lovely! I might have to do this! X

Thank you. You should, it does make you feel
      better x

13. This is so beautiful, thank you for sharing such and open letter.

14. Kayleigh Zara says:

I think if I wrote an open letter to myself it would be the same because I fucked up a lot and blamed it on all the wrong people! It’s lovely that you mentuoned your family here x

Kayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

15. I WOuld tell myself it will all be ok xx

16. Such a thought provoking post there is a long list of advice I would give to my younger self. One that stands out the most is not to care what people think and be confident.

Loved reading this post! I connect on so many of the things you said and it’s so true! x