When you have a baby, your whole life changes and its a whole journey of new things to learn and cope with. Here is 10 things i have learnt since becoming a parent.
Having a baby isn’t all cute faces and cuddles. Having a baby is scary, especially your first. Screams and nappy explosions can really take its toll on you.
- You forget about yourself. Do you remember before you had your darling child all the new clothes and items you got yourself? I have found myself buying things for the kids ans completely forgetting myself.
- Your children will dress better than you. My girls have a better wardrobe than i do. & Im not even ashamed of it.
- Babies do not come with a manual. There will be times where you wish you could read about how to make things better, but you can’t and you are a strong mama who can get through this.
- You will learn different cries. Before your baby, you didn’t think there was any more than a sad cry and a happy cry. Now you’ll find yourself an expert at knowing if the bay needs changing, feeding or attention just from their cry.
- Just how much your mum through. Did you every think “why is my mum being so cruel” “why wont she let me have a later curfew?”. You’ll soon realise that she was only doing that because she loves you & she cares for you. This one hit me hard.
- How quick time goes. You know all those times where you wish you where an adult? How the years where just a bit too slow? You will wish time would slow the hell down. You don’t want you babies to grow.
- 3:00am will mean something completely different to you. This 3:00am will not include wine and a greasy kebab.
- No matter what you do, you will be judged. Bottle or breast? disposable or cloth? you can never please anyone.
- You will find yourself learning all the words to kids programmes, and being proud of it. Peppa pig, Thomas the tank engine and Mr Tumble as your daily theme tunes.
- You will have never felt love till you help your baby in your arms. I always thought i’d felt love, until Rosie was placed in my arms, everything seemed to have changed. I know what love it.
Have you learnt anything since becoming a parent?
Until next time,