If you’re like me, and packed your labor bags late then this might be helpful for you to plan in advance. I packed Miyah’s bag 4 weeks before i went into labour, but my bag was packed that night haha! I wanted everything to be perfect and Miyah (In my eyes at the time) was way for important thank i was. She needed everything and i thought i could cope without! Here is what i packed for our bags and hopefully it will give you some tips and tricks to packing your own bags.
Firstly i’ll start with Miyahs bag. I had brought a bag specially for both us us. It was big and had two side compartments. Little did i know that i wouldn’t fit any of my stuff into it. All hers!
- Nappies. From experience i didn’t know if i was going to be in for 1 hour or 1 week. When i had Rosie i only packed enough to be there for a day max, which when Karma hit me in the face i had to stay. I then had to try and beg the nurses to find me a few nappies at 12am! not my best call. When i packed miyahs bag; i packed enough for all the babies on the ward. I did not want to go through the same as i did before.
- Clothes. I packed 2 going home outfits in case i changed my mind for the first one, 3 vests and 3 sleep suits with a million mits and socks. I was very worried again that i would be in for more than a day. (Which i was, so i am grateful for my anxiety filled mind then). I also packed 4 hats and some bibs.
- Cotton wool and wet wipes. As i was giving birth in a different hospital, i was unsure of their rules on wet wipes. Thankfully they let me use mine.
- A hair tie! Where would i have been without my hair tie? Oh my gosh?!
- A Dressing gown. I loved mine, kept me warm, and when i went for a walk i didn’t look so “I’ve just had a baby don’t look at me” haha!
- My Phone Charger. Honestly! I had to stay over night and when your lovely tiny little newborn is sound asleep you will get bored. Bring your phone charger to update family ect or even Magazines.
- A blanket for the baby. This to me is purely because, i had a lovely made blanket by my Nan and i loved it.
What where your labour bag must haves? Let me know in the comments below!
Thank you for reading! x